- I would be a millionaire by 40...I'm 44...and not.
- I would have 2.5 kids naturally...and that is not the case.
- I would live in a $1.5 million mansion...not quite, but someday...maybe...if I can afford a housekeeper because I despise cleaning and I am allergic to dust.
- I would be married to the man of my dreams; he looked more like Denzel Washington...but my husband is kinda cute and walks with a Denzel swagger...or so I'm told.
- I would have the bomb dot com career; I was destined to become a White House staffer...then there's that Olivia Pope thing...smh...no thanks.
- I would have celebrity friends who were movers and shakers in the entertainment industry.
- A good paying job with benefits, health insurance, and a retirement plan.
- One healthy, brilliant, beautiful daughter...not naturally at all...by any means.
- A beautiful home that is decorated just like I like it in a cozy neighborhood with cool neighbors.
- A husband after God's own heart who ministers to the sick and shut-in and preaches the gospel of Jesus Christ like nobody's, but everybody's, business.
- A modest career in education working with children everyday.
- Very few friends who I can call for anything, but those few can intercede for me at the drop of a dime and encourage me behind the scenes, yet expect nothing in return.
Does it dry up
Like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?