Tuesday, February 10, 2015

ACE #340: Not Lucky But Blessed

Yesterday, I took my vehicle to the dealership to get an oil change.  I had mentioned to the technician that I received a letter in the mail about a recall of some sort.  I didn't really know what it was...the muffler...maybe.  The man asked, "Was it about the fuel tank?"  I kind of shrugged my shoulders and said I wasn't really sure, but it had something to do with rust.  Okay, cool.  "Check it out for me," I said.

He came back about 45 minutes later and said, "Mrs. Lewis, we are going to have to put you in a rental car.  There is a leak in your fuel tank."

Now, I had been smelling some strange fumes every now and then in my garage, but just thought that, perhaps, I had spilled a little gas on the car while I was pumping it.  No, my morning had not gone as planned, but I was grateful nonetheless.  It was a necessary safety measure.

When I explained the situation to the agent at the rental counter, she said that I had been really lucky.  I said, "No, not lucky. I'm blessed."  

A few months ago, we were in a four-car pile up with our car being hit from the rear.  Our car could have caught fire, if hit a certain way, because of the impact.  Yesterday, on the news there was a three-car crash - two cars caught fire.  One person died.  My heart goes out to the family.

So, today, I will tell anyone...I do not believe in luck.  I believe in blessings. #grateful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE0W-kQyz6A



James 1:17

17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.




No comments:

Post a Comment