Thursday, August 21, 2014

ACE #268: But God...

Have you ever had a situation in your life where you knew there was nothing you could do in your own power to fix something? Then, out of the blue, it got fixed.  That’s a “but God”.

Have you ever done something in your life that you knew should have taken you out of this world. Then, out of nowhere, you were shielded from hurt, harm and danger?  
That’s a “but God”.

Those two simple words have such a big meaning.

In the words of gospel singer Isaac Carree:
You were about to lose everything, but God (I know I'm not the only one who's been there).
When the doctor said any day, but God (He made the doctor).
And the devil tried to test your faith but God (He thought he really had you this time).
But God, yeah but God. Nobody but GOD. But GOD!

In my own words:
That time I had that car wreck and I came out unscathed – but God
That time those gun shots rang out all around me and I was unharmed – but God
That time when I was delirious with grief and a breath away from losing my mind – but God
That time my health didn’t look so favorable to the doctors – but God...
Oh, the "but God" moments in my life are numerous.

Noah had a “but God” that saved him and his family in a flood.
But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.

Joseph had a "but God" declaring that the enemy's plan failed.
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.


There’s a “but God” for you too! It signals a change, a shift, or a clarifying moment.   Get ready for your "but God" moment - it means that something good is coming next and God is getting ready to show up and show out and do something that ONLY GOD can do in your life.

Isaac Carree, "But God"



Image by disciples4outreach.org


No comments:

Post a Comment