Tuesday, March 10, 2015

ACE #351: Speak More

Yesterday, I went to Captain D’s to get one of the $4.99 specials.  I am working to eat out less or at least with minimal cost.  As I placed my order through the intercom, the young lady on the other end was very pleasant and articulate.  But I heard something else in her voice.  I guess what I heard was “more”. 

When I got to the window, the conversation went something like this:

Me:  How are you today?
Her:  I’m fine. And yourself?
Me:  I’m doing just fine as well. I have a quick question.  What do you want to be when you grow up?
Her:  I really want to be a bank teller.
Me:  That makes a lot of sense.  You have awesome customer service.  I believe you will do well.
Her:  Thank you so much.

After she gave me my order, I gave her our ministry card.  I told her that if she had internet access or could access it through her cell phone, she could look up our information. 

What I learned from this encounter is the importance of speaking life into someone else’s dreams - even if it is a stranger.  I did not, and still do not, know the young lady’s situation.  However, I found it important to be obedient to the Spirit, which clearly said, “There’s more.” 

Sometimes, all it takes is a word of encouragement.

Proverbs 18:21

21 The tongue has the power of life and death,
    
and those who love it will eat its fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment