Monday, December 21, 2015

ACE #413: Expectancy

This week I was driving and I believe the Lord dropped in my spirit the witness of expectancy. Recently, my wife and I have been is a season of holding. Things do not appear to be moving the way we would hope, so we have been a little discouraged. But, during this drive, I heard the word "expectancy". 

You see, when the three Hebrew boys refused to worship the statue constructed by King Nebuchadnezzar, there was an expectation that the God of Israel would be all they needed. It didn't matter that the government demanded they act like everyone else. It didn't matter that there were severe repercussions for not following the decree. What mattered more than anything was that the government and everyone else knew that they served and worshiped the true and living God. In fact, when the king demanded that they worship like everyone else, they replied - and I paraphrase - do what you must, but God is able to save us, either way. 

When I hear this, I can't help but believe that these believers, through their faith, were expecting the Great I Am to show up and show out. In other words, there was an expectation that God would provide, whether in the furnace or out of the furnace. It made no difference. They were expecting to worship their God no matter what happened. 

In today's hell, someone else may be discouraged and just ready for God to move. Well, I hope we can learn a lesson from the these three believers about waiting with expectancy. You see, when we declare that there is none like Him in all the earth, we are expecting Him. When we declare, greater hath no love than this, than a man who would lay down His life for His friends, we are expecting Him. When we declare that now faith is the substance of things hope for the evidence of things not seen, we are expecting Him. We are waiting with expectancy, knowing that He will do just what He said, even if it is walking through the fire with us. When we wait on the Lord with expectancy, something happens that can't be explained. What are you expecting? 

Will you wait with expectancy? 


No comments:

Post a Comment