Wednesday, April 27, 2016

ACE #425: Just Finish Strong

The other day, my husband and I were watching our daughter practice track.  The kids would run the length of the football field and turn around and come back.  Our daughter would start out with the pack, but would come in last often on the trip back.  We asked her why she kept coming in last.  She responded, "The coach said it wasn't a race.  Besides...I was tired. I was just trying to finish."

So, today, I just wanted to tell someone that life is not a competitive race.  There will certainly be days when you will get tired.  Life will come up against you like a strong wind. Sometimes you will cry when you're running because it hurts. But just keep pushing through to the end.  All you are required to do is to stay in the race...keep running to see what the end will be. Your victory might not look like someone else's but, nevertheless, a victory in Jesus Christ is better than an ordinary win any day.  Finish strong!


Ecclesiastes 9:11 (NIV)
11 I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
    or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
    or wealth to the brilliant
    or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.
 
The Incomparable and Beloved Daryl Coley sings the remake of "For the Good of Them"

For the record, I had to stop writing this blog when I really started to listen to this song and just simply take a moment to give God His praise for today.  Just for being God...just because His word is real and true in my life.  Even if you have to walk alone, God will never leave you or forsake you.  Things always work out for the good of them who love the Lord!  It WILL work out.  Be encouraged.

#TeamLewis4Christ 


No comments:

Post a Comment