Thursday, February 14, 2019

ACE #450: Just Listen

In 2015, God whispered three things to me in a still, small voice.

1. He told me to contact a few specific women to each write a story about a time in their lives where their faith pulled them through a very difficult circumstance. Not every woman responded to the request. The ones who did, I saved their stories in a file. Then life got busy.
2. He told me the words "For Purpose" and led me to draft a list of services for editing and public relations. I saved the information in a document and filed it away. I hadn't really used my Journalism degree in years, so it would never have occurred to me I would revisit this document...ever.
3. He told me and my husband to expand our ministry efforts. That year we said "yes" to every ministry opportunity, if we were available. We were exhausted, but we did as God had instructed. It included me editing both a relative's and a friend's book. Again, life got busy and my time and attention went elsewhere.

In June 2018, I filed paperwork for Robert and Charliese Lewis Ministries Inc. That was when God reminded me of those things I had filed, really tucked away, with no specific plan years ago.

Fast forward to February 2019, I can say that it all makes sense and God certainly does all things well. I had no idea what God was doing THEN.

"From the Test to the Testimony: An Anthology of Faith Stories" was released in November 2018...and it is impacting women's lives. I've been stopped in grocery stores, department stores, and received messages from women who have read the book.

I randomly sent a text to one of my former students and mentee last week and told him to order the book for his mother. I dropped a copy in the mail the next day. He called me last night and said his mom received her book and was going on and on about how good it was.

He continued with, "Mrs. Lewis, she has told everybody about this book and said she can't put it down."

No, this is not about bragging. This is about gratitude. This is about obedience. This is about the fact that I truly had no clue what God was doing in 2015 that speaks to the NOW. The seven women, including me, who were brave enough to tell their stories are impacting women in other cities and states. God has truly blown my mind. All I ever desired is that if one woman is impacted, just one, we'd all done our part. Who knew? We didn't, but our all-knowing God did.

I've sold a few books at my doctor's office, in the wee hours of the morning via social media inbox, and out of my trunk. Seriously, who knew?

And, yesterday, I sent a client's first draft of a fully edited and formatted manuscript for the release of her first self-published book. Again, I had no idea that what God had me write down in 2015 would manifest itself years later as a consultant service under our ministry. No idea.

I will tell anybody that God orchestrates everything on our behalf if we would just listen to His instructions. Abraham is known as the Father of Faith because he listened and acted in obedience even in the sacrifice of his own son atop a mountain. Likewise, Joseph listened to God's instructions and saved thousands of people from famine, including his own family, even though he spent years in prison for a crime he was not guilty of. Jesus himself came in human form to die on a cross for sins He didn't even commit because of His obedience to His Father, our heavenly Father.

I want to encourage someone to get in the habit of listening to the still, small voice of God because you never know when or how your instructions TODAY will set you on the path to your future.

Just listen...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


No comments:

Post a Comment