Tuesday, May 13, 2014

ACE #205: The Floundering Squirrel

The other day I was driving down the street, but was in quite a rush.  Cars were moving swiftly during the morning rush hour just like I was.  But in my rush, I saw a squirrel right in the middle of the street, lying on its back trying to get up.  I’m not sure if he had been clipped by a car or not.  What I did know was that I was going to do everything I could to swerve and miss that squirrel.  I did not want to be the one to send him to an early acorn grave.  While I don’t know the outcome for the little creature, it made me realize something about the nature of people.

How often do we kick people when they are down?  How often do we see people floundering and watch them struggle, and do nothing to help them to get back into an upright position?

As Christians, it is our responsibility to help someone who is downtrodden or just simply down and out.  Even if we have nothing monetary to give we still have words of encouragement and kindness, which are free.  We give glory and honor to God when we help others who are in need.

1 John 3:17
17 But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?








No comments:

Post a Comment