Thursday, May 1, 2014

ACE #194: Do Not Move a Muscle

I get terribly confused when I hear about people who pack up and move to another state with no job and no provisions waiting for them when they get there.  They end up struggling and sometimes living in poverty. 

One thing I've learned is that God doesn't send people to places He hasn't prepared, ordained, or blessed.  Moses went back to Egypt, a place of sorrow and brokenness.  But God sent Moses there for restoration of His people, which was a very specific assignment!  He prepared, ordained, and blessed Egypt BEFORE Moses ever arrived.  God's hand was all over that thing! 

Whoever is running from something or someone, sit still and wait for God's command to move.  If we move before God says so, we will find ourselves in a world of hurt, despair and struggle.  Stay prayed up and in God's Word so that you can discern when He says "go" and when He says "do not move a muscle"!

Make a vow, "I will never step foot where God has not already blessed.  Just like a tree that's planted by the water, I shall not be moved!"

Psalm 16

Keep me safe, my God,
    for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
    apart from you I have no good thing.”
I say of the holy people who are in the land,
    “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
    I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
    or take up their names on my lips.
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
    you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful[b] one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment