Friday, September 5, 2014

ACE #274: Taking Back What the Devil Stole

Years ago, I worked in a job that should have been the start of my awesome, adult career.  Okay, let me say this, it did start out that way or at least appeared to start that way.  As time went on, things just turned sour.  I hated going to that job.  Everything about it, including the people in my chain of command, made me miserable…purposely I suppose.  There was an intentional effort to blackball me and to criticize my work product.  My title was demoted by several grades.  My reporting line changed.  My raise was blocked.  And the last straw, I was going to be moved from my office – the office I had been in for years.  I had gone to the “higher ups” to try to get all of this rectified or at least to get someone to hear my plea.  I was being treated horribly, but no one seemed to care.  Not a single soul in the chain of command did a thing.  When someone tried to intercede on my behalf, it was to no avail.  I was beyond at the bottom of the totem pole.  The devil had stolen my joy, my peace, my help, my rest, and even parts of my confidence.  I had no more fight in me; I felt broken.

And just when the devil had counted me out, I got offered another job.  I took a pay cut just to get out of that place.  But guess what?  God put someone in my path that did help me.  Within six months of working on that job, I was considered for a promotion.  Because of the workplace policy, I had to wait a full year, but I did get promoted and received a raise. The lesson is this, it took me two years to get what I should have gotten at the other job.  Had I not been so darn miserable, I would have never been moved to action to apply for a new job.  And I would have stayed miserable! When I stepped out on faith, everything I had been denied, God saw fit to restore and multiply it – all of it!  

I declare that God will restore everything that others try to take from you, prevent you from getting, and attempt to block!  Just being able to say, “Oh, devil.  You tried it. But God...” is an awesome feeling. 


 25 “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
    the great locust and the young locust,
    the other locusts and the locust swarm[b]
my great army that I sent among you.
26 You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,
    and you will praise the name of the Lord your God,
    who has worked wonders for you;
never again will my people be shamed.
27 Then you will know that I am in Israel,
    that I am the Lord your God,
    and that there is no other;
never again will my people be shamed.



Faithful Is Our God - Hezekiah Walker



No comments:

Post a Comment