Wednesday, June 3, 2015

ACE #382: When a Prayer Breaks Through

Yesterday, I met with my chair for my doctoral committee.  As I was sitting in the seat, she began to ask me very difficult questions.  She was trying to get me to narrow down my focus for my dissertation topic.  During the conversation, I realized the way I wanted to go with my research was not the way she envisioned it.  That's the first problem.  The way I defined specific terms was not the way she defined them.  That's the second problem.  The method I wanted to use was not to her liking.  That was the third problem.  I felt like I had literally struck out. 

When I got in the car, I just started praying so loudly and definitively that I knew God had no other choice but to hear me.  I told him that I needed him to give me clarity and to do this "thing" - all of it - on my behalf because I couldn't see my way.  I was tired and worn out with the process because of all the hoops I have had to jump through.  I was tired of feeling small and unintelligent in this situation.  That was 11:30 a.m.

At 4:30 a.m. my eyes sprung wide open.  I had figured out what I was going to do and exactly how I was going to do it.  I made my request known to God specifically what I needed.  And He answered clearly and concisely.  It was evidence that God had heard my prayer and provided the vision I needed to move forward in my journey.

So, today, trust God in your journey because when the prayer breaks through you're on your way to a breakthrough!

Psalm 66
16 Come and hear, all you who fear God;
    let me tell you what he has done for me.
17 I cried out to him with my mouth;
    his praise was on my tongue.
18 If I had cherished sin in my heart,
    the Lord would not have listened;
19 but God has surely listened
    and has heard my prayer.
20 Praise be to God,
    who has not rejected my prayer
    or withheld his love from me!



1 comment: