Thursday, January 7, 2016

ACE #416: Just When I Needed a Sign...

I was sitting at the drive thru window at Starbucks and thinking to myself that God is just not showing up in the manner I need Him to...that if I have to endure a 2016 like I did 2015, I will either surely crumble under the weight or become bitter like Naomi. I was in a place where I needed a sign that He was not just letting me flounder and wonder and question His plan.  

When I reached in my purse to pay for my order, the cashier said, "the gentleman before you paid for your order". The first thing out of my mouth was "Praise God!"  Then, immediately, tears started to flow down my cheeks.  I felt ashamed somewhat for doubting God, like old Thomas did with Jesus, but I felt relief that He is aware of my prayers and pleas for a breakthrough.

Later the same day, I got a phone call from someone that there was a check waiting for me.  This was extremely unexpected...simply a pleasant surprise. But the manifestation showed up, again, just when I needed a sign. I had just had a conversation with my cousin earlier about the fact that I have sown and sown and sown into people over the years, but when was someone going to do the same for me.  And that quickly, God gave me a sign. 

All of this was a reminder for me that God will show up...maybe not in the way or the timing I expect, but nevertheless He will.

Be encouraged, my brothers and sisters, that God is aware of our requests.  He is just waiting on us to act like we know it.



Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.

Isaiah 7:11

This is the Lord's sign to you that the Lord will do what he has promised.

Isaiah 37:30




In 2016, "What Are You Praying For?"


No comments:

Post a Comment