Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ACE #193: Are You a Team Player?

Yesterday, Don Sterling received a lifetime ban from the NBA as a result of the racist comments he made in a recorded conversation.  He was also fined a whopping $2.5 million. None of this surprises me.  What did surprise me was the unified position the Los Angeles Clippers players took at center court by wearing their warm-ups inside-out, hiding the Clippers logo in silent protest.  The Miami Heat followed suit.  Many think that NBA commissioner Adam Silver should be praised.  Others have criticized the players by saying their actions weren't enough.  It certainly got the point across to the fans and the franchise!  Whether they won the game or not, each one showed that he was a team player.

It makes me wonder if Christians would ban together in a unified voice for a common cause, how much greater would the kingdom be? #TeamJesus #TrueDiscipleship

Psalm 133:1
1 How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!
John 17:23
23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
Romans 6:5
5 If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection.


 
Image by Getty Images, bleacherreport.com
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment