Monday, April 13, 2015

ACE #362: Better Get Ready!

As I reflect over the past few weeks, I am truly feeling the overpowering and overwhelming presence of God and the realization of Psalm 46. He is truly speaking through his mighty acts of nature. We have had an extensively long winter season of never-ending snow and ice, but there has been more flood damage in the last week than I can recall in many years.  Nations are at war and violence has increased against younger generations.
 
I must continue to express my concern about those who have not given their lives to Christ and even those who have, but are currently out of the fold. I firmly believe there's always been a call of urgency for people to come to Christ, but at this point I would reclassify it as a KINGDOM EMERGENCY!  Just as I believe Jesus arose from the dead, I certainly believe that He is coming back for those who profess their belief in Him. Time is winding down, folks. 
 
It is time for the body of Christ to truly step up our level of discipleship. We need to stop feeling like that if we "preach" or "teach" the word of God that we will lose friends or make enemies.  So what!  Jesus had plenty of enemies and lost a friend from his inner circle.  Yet he still fulfilled his calling and went to the cross for us. I so love John 21:25, "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."  Hopefully, that will be the biography of my life. Praise God!
 
This is my charge: Let's get more aggressive about the word of God and Christian living. Let's step our ministries up a notch. We do have more to give. Isn't God worth it?
 
 
 
Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.[c]
 
4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.
 
7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.
 
8 Come and see what the LORD has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
 
11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

No comments:

Post a Comment