Monday, April 27, 2015

ACE #372: So What Are You Mad About Today?

Have you ever encountered someone that is always mad about something no matter how big or small?  

I spoke to one of my friends some time ago about how she had a conversation with one of her long-time friends.  We had all attended high school together.  As the conversation went on, somehow we got on the subject of how her friend is still mad about something I said to him 20 years ago.  I told her that I didn't even remember the encounter I had with him.  Then I burst out laughing.  I said, "If he needs an apology for something that I said to him 20 years ago that I don't even remember...I will give it to him just so that he can move on."  Her response was, "He's always mad about something.  It wouldn't do any good anyway.  But for the record, what you said to him was the truth then and still the truth now."

In Ephesians 4:36, the Word of God instructs us "In your anger do not sin. Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry and do not give the devil a foothold."  

When we allow our anger to fester, we are doing good for no one, including ourselves. When we hold on to our anger and hold grudges, all we are really doing is functioning is the space of unforgiveness, which is not honorable to God. Some of us would prefer to allow things to eat us up on the inside just so we can be mad about something

I encourage someone to get free today by either telling someone the truth about how he/she made you feel or just moving on. Either let it flow or let it go!  Life is short...shorter and shorter as each day goes by.  


Wouldn't you rather just enjoy the sunset?


No comments:

Post a Comment