Thursday, January 23, 2014

ACE #116: Getting God's Attention

There's something specific I've been praying for God to answer for many years.  I used to think that God just wasn't paying attention until one day it happened...God got my attention.

Just when I had given up, God showed me a sign through an odd, random Facebook post that I would have ordinarily scrolled right on pass.  Then it happened again.  I opened a book that has been on my nightstand for three years. I've never come across this particular section in the book and the answer was right there in bold print.  While the prayer has not been answered yet, God has let me know that I have His attention.  He's heard my prayer.  It is up to me to wait.  That's one of the hardest lessons to learn in your faith walk.

Some things are a testing of our faith.  Other things are just a testing of our patience.  Trust that God has heard you.  He never withholds His love from you!

Psalm 66:19-20

 
19 but God has surely listened
    and has heard my prayer.
20 Praise be to God,
    who has not rejected my prayer
    or withheld his love from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment