Thursday, January 30, 2014

ACE #122: The Kevin Durant 'Drop The Mic' Moment

Last night, the Thunder met the Heat.  And Miami felt the rumble of the "thunder" storm.  NBA star Kevin Durant showed up and showed out.  His performance was stellar, spectacular, and the bomb dot com.  For the past 12 games or so, Durant has shown the world what he was made of, why he's highly endorsed, and how the game is played.

My husband hollered for me to come to the bedroom and see something.  I had just gotten real comfortable in our loft.  I was situated in a corner of our sectional wrapped up in my favorite blanket.  I told him, "This better be about something or I'm gonna be real mad that I had to get up and out of my comfortable spot!"  He said, "Oh, you'll love this!"

It was Durant's postgame interview with a female news reporter. It went something like this:

Her:  What do you have to attribute to your success tonight and this 12-game streak?
Him: God...
Her:  (Silence)...oh, it had nothing to do with you?
Him:  No.  It was all Jesus Christ. (Insert: 'Drops The Mic' moment). 
It seemed like she just couldn't recover from that response.  How do you respond to something like that?

In a world where people put Jesus on the backburner, take credit for everything themselves, and bow to popular culture - Durant claimed that he was Team Jesus on national television.

I can't say I am an OKC fan, but Kevin Durant, sir, we are on the same team! #unashamed

 
Kevin Durant scored 33 points in Oklahoma City’s defeat of Miami.
(Marc Serota/Getty Images Sport)


No comments:

Post a Comment