Sunday, March 2, 2014

ACE #147: In Shape

Coming up, I was always trying to find a gym to work out my muscles. I had a desire to have 24" pythons like Hulk Hogan "brother." I spent a lot of time working out my upper body so I could look and be in shape. I am kidding. I was (am) an athlete. I knew that, with my height, I had to be strong enough to physically compete in the sport of choice. I wanted to be in shape and conditioned for any challenge I would face. Did it work?

Well, hold that thought. Press pause. Let me move to the spirit man. My desire to be in the best physical condition I could to compete athletically is nothing compared to the shape I need to be in to run this race for Christ. The type of shaping takes more than me looking the part and feeling good. This shaping is not about me at all. The word of God says He's the potter. I am the clay. What I am shaped like is not based upon how many reps I get in. What I am shaped like is not about how many days I go to the gym. It is about Him shaping me. 

I am shaped according to His glory. What I am shaped like is completely up to Him and the plan He has for me. I just have to have the desire to be willing as clay ready to be shaped and molded for the glory of God, through Christ Jesus. 

The shape or the condition of the clay depends on the willingness of it. The Potter does not have to continue trying to shape stubborn clay. As The Lord told Jeremiah to tell Israel, "I can do the same with you."

The shape God wants us in is for His glory. We can shape ourselves and that is fine. But pythons can't fight principalities and rulers of darkness. Peck and strong legs can't defeat the spiritual warfare we are constantly up against. The Potter (our Lord) wants to shape us. Through Christ, we can be shaped in a way that leaves no doubt what condition and what shape we are to be in.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment