Thursday, March 6, 2014

ACE #150: The Best Way

A few years ago, my husband and I were trying to purchase our first home.  We'd found the cutest house sitting on a corner lot.  It had everything in it that we needed with a few more perks.  We were very anxious to purchase this house.  Since it was our first one, we didn't necessarily know what the right questions were to ask.  We were being charged a certain interest rate and were assured it was a good one.  We had prayed about it and asked God to direct our path as we were making our final decisions.  One of my out-of-state friends called me out of the blue.  Something told me to tell her the news, although we had not signed the official paper work.  As we were talking, she began to tell me about her mortgage rate and a few other things, as she was also purchasing her first home.  When I told her our rate, she immediately said that something seemed a little crooked.  My husband immediately called the mortgage company.  He realized we were being charged about a 1.3-1.5 percent higher rate.  We were floored!  We didn't purchase the home, but God allowed us to build a brand new one - even though we had to wait a little longer.

It has taken years for me to understand that the best way is God's way.  When our steps are directed by the Lord, we don't have to worry about taking a wrong turn.  Perhaps we don't understand God's path, but His ways are not our ways anyway.  We've learned to be more patient over the years and to recognize when our way is in the opposite direction that God would have us to go. 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment