Tuesday, March 11, 2014

ACE #153: Love Thy Neighbor

The other day I was in a big hurry after I dropped our daughter off at the daycare.  It was cold and snow was still on the ground.  I jumped in the car and started it immediately.  I saw a man trying to get in the door with his twins.  He sat one car seat on the ground and was trying to balance the other car seat in some awkward fashion.  He had some paper work between his lips and one hand trying to open the door.  Even though I was in a hurry, I knew I was already late for work.  I decided to jump out of the car and help him.

We live in a society where we are just too busy to help people.  Had the shoe been on the other foot, I’m not sure he would have shown me the same courtesy, but who cares.  Either you’ve made up your mind to love your “neighbor” and be the Good Samaritan or you’ll be the one that passes by someone who is in need of help.

Sometimes it really is that simple.

Mark 12:29-31

New International Version (NIV)
29 “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.[a] 30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[b] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[c] There is no commandment greater than these.”
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment