Wednesday, June 4, 2014

ACE #226: Repositioning Priorities

This morning's Facebook post read:

I have to wonder why we are talking so much about Serena's bathing suit, Rihanna's dress, and Chris Brown's jail release - but nobody is talking about the fact that can't a single solitary soul or army of folk find that plane...still...after all of this time. Those families will never have the answers they need for closure. 

P.S. And aren't those girls still in captivity? 

This world, our priorities...


I am in this odd place, where I have more obligations than I have time.   One of my friends called me "Martha" the other day.  I didn't even bother to get offended...well, because it's true...sort of.   
(See:  http://theafterchurchexperience.blogspot.com/2014/02/ace-132-busy-beaver.html).

Honestly, there have been many days in my life that I don't think I put God first.  But there will never be a day in my life that He won't make the list.

No matter what is going on in our lives, if God is not in first position, then we need to reposition our priorities. 




Matthew 6:33

 
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
 

Romans 12:2

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Luke 12:34

 34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Exodus 20:3

 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.
 

1 Timothy 3:5

 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment