Tuesday, June 24, 2014

ACE #236: So You Say You Want Something Different

For the last few weeks, I have felt like I am just on the cusp of a breakthrough...like I'm sitting on the edge of my chair, dangling my feet, tapping my fingers on the table with the hunger shakes.  Yes, seriously.  I feel like I am just "this" close and can't get to it or figure it out.  I am ready for some things to change in my life - for some miracles to manifest even.  I just don't know how much longer I can wait.  I feel like I just can't take it anymore.

And then...like a light bulb turning on...it hit me!  In order to get something different, I have to do something different...something new...something out of the ordinary. 

Every morning, I wake up and read my devotions, say a little prayer, and then post my insights and Scriptures on my Facebook wall.  But today, I did something different.  I did all of those things, then I got up and went downstairs.  I never get up earlier than I have to...even if I'm awake.  I picked up the telephone and dialed The Official Marvin Sapp Prayer Line for the 6:00 a.m. call.  One of his associate ministers prayed on the line for close to 15 minutes.  He touched on a little bit of everything.

While this prayer was not a life-changing prayer, it was what I needed to start off my day differently for different results.  It helped me focus a little more deliberately and brought this Scripture to mind:

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God...

In all of this anxiety, I forgot to be grateful for the things I do have and to make my request known to God...something that I hadn't considered in the busyness of my own routine.

Today, step out of your comfort zone and your daily routine and dare to do something different that will bring you closer to God!





No comments:

Post a Comment