Saturday, July 5, 2014

ACE #245: Custom Fit Armor

Every time I get a new suit I have to get it altered to make sure it fits me in a way that my body conforms to it when wearing. Sometimes it may need alterations to the jacket. Sometimes it is alterations to the pants. The idea is to make sure I can function in the clothes and make wearing it a pleasurable experience. If the pants are too long, there might be some difficulty walking. If the jacket is too tight, there might be some difficulty moving my arms (that might also mean a size up). My suits have to be customized to fit me, not anyone else. I am the one wearing the suit or clothes so it needs to fit me.

Well, as we look at the armor of God that Paul commands us to put on daily - shouldn’t it be custom fit? Do we not ask God to tailor our armor so that it equips us to withstand the evil that we will wrestle against? I can’t wear Mom’s armor. I can’t wear Dad’s, grandmother's, auntie's or the preacher’s armor. The articles have a very specific purpose for each of us and need to been worn for it. 

When David went to fight Goliath, the king offered David his battle gear. However, the gear was uncomfortable for David. He would not have been able to move around in the gear. So, David took what he knew would work and used it to finish Goliath. 

Friends, the whole armor of God needs to be put on each day. He commands us to put it on so we can fight against evil. As we put it on each day, we must ask God to custom fit it. It has to fit correctly so that when in battle, with ourselves and other evil, we are not exposed for easy attack. It has to fit custom so that we are not worried about pieces being out of place in the heat of the battle.
In this day, our armor has to fit right. It has to fit with a custom design so we can press toward the higher calling, which is in Christ Jesus. The enemy wants to catch us exposed. But, with a custom fit armor, we are better equipped to stand for a risen Savior who has already finished the battle. 

www.biblegateway.com - Ephesians 6:10-18 - The Full Armor of God



 


No comments:

Post a Comment