Thursday, July 24, 2014

ACE #259: Somebody's Watching Me...Always

The song, "Somebody's Watching Me" was definitely a one-hit wonder by R&B singer, Rockwell back in the 1980s.  Michael Jackson sang background vocals on the chorus, which made the song even more popular.  (I just realized that Rockwell is Berry Gordy's son.  I don't know how that got passed me.) I believe 1984 was a real good year in the world of music!

I stood in the line at Burlington's one day and it was moving exceptionally slow. In front of me was a young lady who looked familiar. She was giving the salesperson the business. I mean it was loud, rude, and mean-spirited. The salesperson was very patient in her approach to rectify the situation, which was related to a scanning error of some sort. As the lady in the line turned to say something to her child, I knew I recognized her. She was one of the ministers at a church I had attended the month before.

It reminded me of what I'd read in Our Daily Bread, Titus 3:2 that says, "Speak evil of no one...be peaceful, gentle, showing all humility to all men".  Because of how harshly the minister spoke to the salesperson, in front of an audience and her child, it ruined her testimony in my eyes.

It also reminded me of the time that all of my groceries burst through the bottom of the bag at Walmart and my canned goods went rolling all over the floor; I almost yelled out a 4-letter word, but decided to refrain. One of the assistant pastors from a church I had just spoken at weeks before was standing right behind me. (See this: http://theafterchurchexperience.blogspot.com/2013/10/ace-14-infamous-grocery-bag.html)

Yep, somebody's always watching...and listening. Always remember, "A Christian is a living sermon whether or not he/she preaches a word".

So, if you always feel like somebody is watching you...then they probably are.  They're looking at the example you set.







No comments:

Post a Comment