Friday, July 18, 2014

ACE #255: Just Smile

Have you ever been around someone that just never, ever smiles?  I often think, surely, you have something to be happy about.

Some days, there's nothing special going on in my life.  I just smile...because I'm happy on the outside because of the joy I have on the inside.  That kind of joy, peace, and love that I know, intimately, because of my faith.  

I have a roof over my head.  I have clothes on my back.  I have food in my refrigerator.  Our daughter is healthy.  My marriage is happy.  And...even if...all of that wasn't true...if only most of it was true - I would still smile.  Well, because I know it could always be worse.  As a matter of fact, somebody's life is worse...right in this very moment. 

So smile...it just might brighten someone's day...or maybe they will believe in the God you serve because you still have a smile on your face even as you sit in the midst of the storm and the rain.  Be grateful for your circumstances - even your struggles - because the sun shines when the Son (of God) shines.  Do you have the Son in your life?  If so, you really do have a reason to smile...

 
Image from fanpop.com
 

1 John 4:15

15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.
 
"I Smile" by Kirk Franklin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8SPwT3nQZ8

No comments:

Post a Comment