Saturday, July 12, 2014

ACE #250: Consume Me

Transparency time!

This week has been rough, spiritually. I have not been studying the Word like I should be. I have not spent time in prayer like I know I need to be. I have not given me to The Lord like I know He commands me. I have let so many things distract my opportunities for worship. From TV, to being out late, Facebook, basketball, work, sleeping in, to water cooler talk and even Lebron James; these are the things that I have allowed to distract me from my worship opportunities with my Lord. 

Simply put, my zeal for The Lord was unacceptable for me as a blood purchased believer in Jesus. My zealousness for doing the will of God was weakened by my desires to follow my flesh. Unacceptable! He commands better so we can live better.

Laziness, when it comes to serving The Lord, will not work. I have to be excited about kingdom building no matter what distractions are laid before me. None of these distractions compare to the life God has given me through His Son Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. 
The Lord commands us to not be slothful is business, but to be fervent (zealous) in spirit, serving The Lord. He has been too good to put Him off until tomorrow or just when I feel like it.

Friends, our zeal (passion) for Christ is what will keep us wanting more of Him and less of ourselves. It is that very same zeal that will cause us to move when the spirit says so. Our zealousness will move us into expectancy and out of complacency.    

Zeal, consume me. 


https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+12%3A11&version=ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment