Sunday, July 20, 2014

ACE #256: Undignified

Have you ever just wanted to let loose and just praise the Lord for His goodness? His message is penetrating your spirit so much that you want to just stand up and run. You want to just lose yourself in your worship experience with the almighty God; but you don’t. Why? Because, you are concerned about what people will say around you. It is not ‘normal worship’.

My brothers and sisters, tradition is dangerous. Sometimes we just have to let it go. Give Jesus the praise He deserves. People don’t know what you have been through. They don’t know about your commitment to suicide last night. They don’t know about your battle. They don’t know about your struggle, but God…
In the book of II Samuel, chapter 6, David and his army were celebrating the return of the ark of the Lord. David knew what the Lord had done in the battles of his life. So, he praised Him. He formed a full choir with musicians and instruments just so they all could praise the Lord for His goodness, in their own way.  In fact, the Bible says he danced. He danced hard. He danced out of his clothes. That’s praise.

But what I like about this is that, it didn’t not bother him who was watching, not even the fact that his wife was watching. David had a made up mind that his praise for the most high was going to be undignified. The Lord chose him. The Lord chose him to lead the people through the rigorous battles and struggles of the times.
Church, an undignified praise is not tradition. It says, my praise is for you and only You, Lord. You brought me through my dark days. You brought me through my struggles. You forgave me for my lust, my greed, my betrayal and my unbelief. You give me strength when I am weak. You love me when I didn’t love myself or anyone else. I never would have made it and never will make it without you. So, I praise and worship you in the only way I know. Even if it’s not traditional. Even if it does seem undignified.

 
Image by gatewaynews


No comments:

Post a Comment