Friday, August 15, 2014

ACE #266: You Are Never Alone

This morning, when I dropped off our daughter at school, I was still amazed at the busyness of the area.  I asked someone if it would be like this the entire year and she said it would be.  When we got to the front of the school building, our daughter wanted to walk to class by herself.  I told her that I would walk in her classroom with her because I wanted to see her routine.  When we got there, her teacher walked her around the room - through the process.  I noticed a little boy who was just standing at his cubby holding his backpack in his hand.  That wasn't what caught my attention...it was his sad face. He looked one blink away from a full cry.  Immediately, my mother hen instinct was heightened.  As I was getting ready to reach out and help him, I thought against it.  I know that part of the process is the little ones learning how to be independent and to focus on following directions.  So, I asked him if he needed help.  He just stared at me with those big brown eyes.  I called one of his teacher's names and told her he needed help.  She came over and asked him if he needed help.  He still didn't respond really.  She gave him his directions.  He put his backpack in his cubby.  She walked away.  He still stood in that same spot.  He didn't yet realize that he really wasn't all alone.

This situation reminded me of how people can absolutely feel alone in a room full of people, as part of a loving family, and even in relationships.  This child was clearly in a room with people who cared about his well-being, but seemingly - he felt alone.  

There will be times in your life that you will feel lonely...perhaps so lonely that it will cause you to make unwise decisions.  You will attach yourself to people and to an environment that is not really conducive for your well-being just because you don't want to be by yourself.  Rest assured, that as you commit more to your prayer life and to the study of God's Word, it will become more clear that God's Word never returns void.  When you are in Christ Jesus, you are never alone.

Footprints in the Sand


One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?”
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you.”
Mary Stevenson



Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”




No comments:

Post a Comment