Monday, November 3, 2014

ACE #300: I Met an Ordinary Man in the Airport

Last week, I traveled to Seattle, Washington for a business trip.  My layover was in Detroit, Michigan.  I have always despised catching a connecting flight in this airport because the walk to get from one terminal to the next is just flat out long! Walking through that tunnel is just tiring. Nevertheless, I had to take the hike.
 
I finally got to the area where I was to catch my connecting flight.  I had to put my bag down so that I could make sure I was going to the right gate.  As I sat my belongings down, I looked to my left and said, "Hello. How are you?"  The man responded, "Doing fine, sister. And yourself?"  I replied, "Doing well." But I had to do a double take.  I knew who it was, but couldn't really believe it.  He was just sitting there, quietly, eating his lunch.  I started looking through my purse to find my boarding pass and to collect myself because of the long walk. 
 
As I took a step to the left, closer to the man, I said in a low voice, "I do not want to call attention to you, but I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your motivational posts as I am a follower on Facebook and Twitter."
 
He replied, "Oh thank you so much.  I'm glad you enjoy them."
 
Then I said, while touching him lightly on his arm, "I don't know you.  I don't know you at all.  I just want you to know that I have prayed for you.  I have prayed for you often."
 
He responded, "Thank you so much.  My kids and I really appreciate it."
 
I replied, "You're welcome."
 
He ended with, "Have safe and blessed travels."
 
And that was it. He was polite, humble and friendly.  I had just had an ordinary conversation, with an ordinary man, in an ordinary airport.  I had just had a conversation with Pastor Marvin Sapp.
 
You do not have to know someone personally, to cover them in prayer. Be mindful that everyone needs to be encouraged some times and a little prayer goes a long way.  You never know when you will be the one standing in the need of encouragement...or prayer. 
 
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
 
1 Timothy 2:1
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pastor Marvin Sapp, "Never Would Have Made It"
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment