Thursday, June 4, 2015

ACE #383: Sometimes You Have to Tell the Enemy 'Thank You'!

One of the things I have learned over the years is that people will work really hard to try to do things to limit you, discredit you, or block you very strategically and certainly intentionally.  

A few years ago, I worked in a position where my salary was much lower than everyone else with my title, at my pay grade, and with my level of education.  When I had it reviewed, guess what happened?  Nothing really to my advantage. Instead of people doing what was fair and equitable, they did just the opposite.  I was livid, particularly because I knew I should have received a $7,000 increase.  Even when I tried to go through a grievance process, it did no good.  As a matter of fact, the Holy Spirit kept instructing me to check my mailbox.  I kept going to my mailbox at the office.  There was nothing in it.  I did this about four or five times - still nothing.  When I got home, I went straight in the house and did my household duties in the usual order.  I went to work the next day, still there was nothing in my mailbox.  It was the last day before the holiday break.  I got home, very grateful to be off from work for two weeks, and I checked my mailbox.  There it was...a letter from my place of employment.  The letter stated that my current job was no longer available.  I could accept the new job title with a lower pay grade, which meant I was capped out in my salary range, apply for another job within the organization, or find employment somewhere else.  Imagine that!  Those people deliberately calculated my demise.  I had spent a few weeks already being mad, so by the time the letter came, I just laughed.  It was all I could do. The enemy didn't just try to take my joy, the enemy tried to diminish my self-worth and destroy my professional value.  And it hurt.  I seethed with anger, resentment, and vengeance. Oh, but it pushed me!

I began to tighten up my resume, sharpen my skill set, and look for new employment.  And God turned that thing around for me in seven days!  As a matter of fact, I got offered two new jobs - one full-time and one part-time.  What I realized is that the enemy thought he had me, but God had a plan.  It was all part of His plan to prosper me and to get me out of my comfortable position.  I went on the new job and got every dime that was due me.  It would take me two years but, nevertheless, I was repaid for it.

So, today, I say to someone sometimes you just have to tell the enemy "thank you" - thank you for allowing me to experience the true sovereignty of our God, thank you for helping me trust God's plan for my life, thank you for helping me pray harder and study the Word of God more faithfully, and thank you for pushing me out of the nest into my destiny.  What was meant for bad turned around for my good.  

God can do the same for you.  Will you trust Him?  Will you believe He is always working on your behalf regardless of what it feels and looks like? Will you tell the enemy "thank you" when it is all said and done? More importantly, will you tell God "thank you" when He turns things around for your good to accomplish the things that need to be done for His glory?


Galatians 50:20
You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.


"It Pushed Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MN2FSyvYWQ

"He Meant It For My Good"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLABsFAxKb8




No comments:

Post a Comment