Thursday, March 10, 2016

ACE #422: He Does Have the Whole World In His Hands

Growing up as a young child, we always sang the song, "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands."  As an adult, I find myself always choosing this song for our annual Children's Day to sing.  The lyrics are easy; as a matter of fact you can change the song to reflect your own life.  

The song is so reassuring to those of us who are adults and see the chaos in the world, but also have lived long enough to see God's mighty works for ourselves.  Some of us have situations in our lives that we know that only God could have fixed for us.  We know it was His hands that were orchestrating the outcome on our behalf.

 
He's got the whole world in His hands.  He's got the whole world in His hands.
He's got the whole world in His hands.  He's got the whole world in His hands.

He's got the sun and the moon in His hands...

He's got the wind and the rain in His hands...
 
He's got the little bitty baby in His hands...

He's got you and me brother in His hands...

He's got everybody here in His hands...

He's got (insert your name here) in His hands...


But it was the other night when I really saw the true meaning of the song...




God is just amazing!
Photo by Charliese Brown Lewis (that's me)

Isaiah 45:12

12 It is I who made the earth
    and created mankind on it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
    I marshaled their starry hosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment