Wednesday, July 20, 2016

ACE #430: Another Spiritual Boot Camp Experience

This past weekend, our Women's Ministry hosted the Women's Spiritual Boot Camp 2 celebrating the theme, "Refreshed, Renewed and Refined for the Journey".  It was the second installment of a series that God led me to organize for spiritual growth - not just for our church, but also for the community.

The last two weeks have been tough for many communities across the United States and for the nation as a whole.  We have been a nation divided against itself where #BlackLivesMatter, #BlueLivesMatter, and #AllLivesMatter.  I find myself weary of the divisiveness, but equally weary of the level of hatred, racism and vengeance that has permeated the atmosphere for even those of us that call ourselves Christian.  In times such as these, I am always mindful to search the Scriptures for answers.

The Word of God says:

2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I still believe that prayer makes the difference. I still believe the latter rain is available to God's people.  No matter the level of the destruction, the pain, the disobedience, and the divisiveness - I still believe God.  

But the people of God must fall prostrate in His presence in humility and in submission to His perfect will and His way...and begin to pray for the healing of the land.  

In the words of Dorothy Norwood:

When the church begins to pray
God will have His way
Chains will be broken
Doors will swing open
Oh oh, something is bound to happen
When the church begins to pray


The "church" is the body of Christ, not the building.  WE ARE THE CHURCH...all of us.  

So, let us pray, Church!





Latter Rain:




No comments:

Post a Comment