Monday, November 7, 2016

ACE #437: Still Under Construction

When I was in high school, I remember some construction the state was doing to improve travel on Interstate 75 (I-75). I can’t really remember when it started. I just remember when I started giving attention to it. I was riding to the state basketball tournament with some friends from Lexington to Richmond. Anyway, after that, any time I drove I-75 south I noticed construction on the road. It seemed to last forever. Years later, the construction seemed to be complete…at least I thought.
Some years after that, changes were being made again. Then, years later, some more changes. To this day changes are still being made to one of the main highways running through the state of Kentucky. The road seems to always be under construction.

Well, let me translate this spiritually. Like the highway, in Christ, our heart should always be under construction as well. As we go through this life, we will need ‘The Engineer’ of life, the almighty God, to change our heart again and again to prepare it for every situation possible.

The heart is a CHRISTian's main component for dealing with the things of this world. If it is not engineered in Christ, it will not be able to withstand the evilness, the foolishness, and the disappointments of this world. Understanding that we are always under construction, as believers in Christ, will certainly give us hope for dealing with things to come. A heart that is always under construction is positioned for God to make changes to serve His purpose for the time. He continually engineers a heart to glorify Him and to one day soon bring completion to the work.

Philippians 1:6

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.





1 comment:

  1. Black titanium ring - Tioga Arts
    Black titanium ring. A stone structure from the ancient titanium eyeglass frames Russian Empire, Black does titanium set off metal detectors titanium rings are a aftershokz titanium key part of the modern titanium nose hoop ring system that can easily titanium 200 welder be $13.00 · ‎In stock

    ReplyDelete