Monday, May 6, 2019

ACE #453: My Desire

A few days ago, my wife and I celebrated the day we got engaged to be married, now 16 years ago. She always remembers this day. Me, on the other hand, I just can’t seem to remember without her reminder. It might be a man thing. However, I should remember.
Why? Because this is the day the Lord of my life blessed me with exactly what I asked for in a good thing (Proverbs 18:22). I recall so many times just asking God for a specific woman. I dated and, trust me, my past is ugly. But, God. Anyway, I asked the Lord for an intelligent woman, a talented woman, and a beautiful woman. As the song writer says, “Won’t He do it…”.

Didn’t He. Undeservingly, He blessed me with everything I desired in a wife and then gave me what I needed in a wife. What do I mean? Notice I didn’t say I asked for Godly woman; but He knew what it would take to help me not to let the kid in me kill the King in me. God is so good. Even when we are not worthy of anything He can bless us with everything we will ever need.

When I think about the joy of this day, I am reminded of the Psalm that encourages us to “delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart…”. 

As I look back and see how I wasn’t always walking purposely in God, yet I had a heart for the things of God. I know He heard me. He saw through what I was trying to be and is shaping me in to what I need to be for Him. In that, He gave me the desires of my heart to be used for His glory.

So, Lord I just thank you for this day. I am not perfect, but Jesus was the perfect Lamb - your desires for my heart.  

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment