Monday, February 10, 2014

ACE #132: Busy Beaver

Today, I have just been a busy beaver.  I missed my normal blogging time last night and this morning.  Last night, we watched "Olympus Has Fallen" and the amount of violence wore me out completely. Even my mind was busy when my body wasn't.  In those two hours, several inches of snow had fallen...just like Olympus.  And we missed it...because we were too busy to even look out of the window. 

All of this busyness reminds me of the story of sisters, Martha and Mary.  Like me, Martha was a busy beaver.  She missed the lessons that Jesus was teaching because she was too busy going about her day with "business as usual".  She had the opportunity to sit at the foot of the Messiah and to learn from the "best teacher", but she missed it. (And she had the nerve to get mad at her sister's choice).

I encourage you to make the conscious decision to choose to spend some alone time with God - to rest at His feet in prayer and in His word.  Don't miss the spiritual life lessons, the "good stuff", because you're just too busy.

 At the Home of Martha and Mary

 

Luke 10:38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment