Tuesday, October 1, 2013

ACE #14: The Infamous Grocery Bag


Satan tried to steal, kill and destroy my testimony with a grocery bag!  Let me explain.  I was at the store picking up a few, quick items.  Yeah, I know - that never really works out. I had several canned goods that I needed to put in the bag. I was very meticulous in how I'd stacked them.  As soon as I lifted the bag...it happened! Clunk, splat, crash, boom! That silly bag split in two and all of my canned goods went rolling in various directions.  Just as that four letter word was about to exit my mouth and hit the open space, I turned my head slightly to the left...and there she stood - the associate pastor of a church where I had just spoken the previous Sunday.  There was a loud, "Thank you, Jesus" in my spirit.  She said, "Hey there! I really enjoyed you last week at the church. Girl, let me help you get those crazy cans". Whew!

As representatives for Christ and advocates for the cause of Christ, we cannot be caught slipping.  The slightest things can compromise our testimonies in the presence of others. Had I shouted out that curse word - that's the only thing she would have remembered about me from that day forward.  Always be mindful of who you represent - even in the presence of a grocery bag.  I learned to double bag and to watch my mouth all at the same time.

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+34%3A8-14&version=NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment