Monday, October 20, 2014

ACE #293: Does Your Faith Hear Something?

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Over the years, I have become more and more protective of my faith. It is not that I don’t want to share it with everyone as much as it is about how I want to ensure that what I am sharing is biblically sound – aligned with the Word of God.  I want to make sure that people are also seeing the example manifested in my daily life that I am speaking about.  I want to ensure that I am not contradicting my own faith.


The Scripture above indicates that the Word of God precedes what we hear and our development of faith.  Before we can believe, we really must have something – or someone – to believe in.  And then it works in reverse, the Word of God strengthens the faith.  I think faith and God work interchangeably in this verse as it should in our lives.  And, then...we must obey His Word!


theverseproject




No comments:

Post a Comment