Tuesday, May 12, 2015

ACE #378: It Is Finished

Yesterday, I was re-staining my privacy fence and it was hot. I was hoping I could do it in the morning, but it did not work out that way. My schedule was turned around. So, to make a long story short, I had to tackle the job in the the middle of the day. It was hot! Anyway, as I was nearing the completion of the project, I was reminded that this is what was done for me, through the blood of Jesus. I took a step back. 

The fence represented my life and how over the years I have been worn down by the conditions of life and I needed to be restored. The stain represented the blood of Christ, who sacrificed Himself so I could be restored. His death, burial and resurrection restored my beat down life so I can be new. 

Again, I stepped back and took a look at the fence and just said, "Thank you, Lord."

It was hot. It was in the middle of the day, but it was time for restoration. But, I thank Jesus, "It is finished."


No comments:

Post a Comment