Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ACE #380: Never Give Up On Your Dreams

Okay, okay.  I admit it.  I have been off the grid for a few weeks.  But I have good reason. Really, I do.

Two weeks ago, I defended my Qualifying Exams for my doctoral program.  I completed my writing last semester, but was unable to defend my work for many reasons.  So, I had to go back and reacquaint myself with the materials, the research, and even my own writing.  Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck. 

I started this program in August of 1999.  I completed my required coursework in two and a half years.  But then, I fell in love with this handsome guy and got engaged.  I planned a wedding.  We got married in front of 300 our family and friends.  We were married for four months and then it happened - I got into a car wreck.  I was in therapy for months.  After months passed, years passed.  Then came many surgeries that would constantly challenge me in terms of my ability to heal and re-heal, to manage my time and to do my ministry work.  It would take me eight years to regain my footing and my focus to resume my studies.

When my husband got home from work two weeks ago, I began to tell him about the process.  I talked about how long it took me to get to this point.  Unbeknownst to us, our daughter was nearby listening quietly.  Then out of nowhere she said, "You should never give up on your dreams."  That was some kind of wisdom from a six-year-old.

I recognize I have a long way to go, but I trust God on the journey.  He has shown himself to be faithful over and over again in my life.

So, whoever you are, don't just follow your dreams - live your dreams.  With God, all things are possible.



Matthew 19:26
26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, 
but with God all things are possible.”


No comments:

Post a Comment