Wednesday, July 8, 2015

ACE #389: Thank You, Abbie

Yesterday morning, I had to go into another building to take care of some business. I didn't do anything different. I dressed like I normally do. I had a smile on may face like I normally do. I was just moving about like I always do.

When I reached the building, I saw a co-worker. I was greeted with a hello and a polite gesture as he opened the door for me. Upon entering, I noticed he had his beautiful children with him. As I cordially greeted each of them, I continued toward my destination. As I was departing, the co-worker asked if I would stop by his office when I had completed my mission.

After I finished taking care of my business, I made my way to his office. Before we got down to business, he said to me,

"I told my daughter that you were a preacher and she said, 'I can tell."'

Wow! It amazes me how God dresses you up so that even a beautiful child can recognize your gift. As I said, I thought I looked normal. But God shows otherwise. Thank you, Abbie, for noticing the gift in me when I couldn't see it in myself.


1 Corinthians 12
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 
There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 
There are different kinds of working, 
but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment