Wednesday, August 17, 2016

ACE #434: Beware of That Darned Delilah

Delilah Extracts His Secret 
Judges 16


15 Then she said to him, “How can you say, ‘I love you,’ when your heart is not with me? You have mocked me these three times and have not told me where your great strength lies.” 16 When she pressured him day after day with her words and pleaded with him, he was annoyed to death. 17 Then [finally] he told her everything that was in his heart and said to her, “A razor has never been used on my head, for I have been a Nazirite to God from my mother’s womb. If I am shaved, then my strength will leave me, and I will become weak and be like any [other] man.”
18 Then Delilah realized that he had told her everything in his heart, so she sent and called for the Philistine lords, saying, “Come up this once, because he has told me everything in his heart.” Then the Philistine lords came up to her and brought the money [they had promised] in their hands. 19 She made Samson sleep on her knees, and she called a man and had him shave off the seven braids of his head. Then she began to abuse Samson, and his strength left him. 20 She said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson!” And he awoke from his sleep and said, “I will go out as I have time after time and shake myself free.” For Samson did not know that the Lord had departed from him. 21 Then the Philistines seized him and gouged out his eyes; and they brought him down to Gaza and bound him with [two] bronze chains; and he was forced to be a grinder [of grain into flour at the mill] in the prison.22 But the hair of his head began to grow again after it had been shaved off.
 

Anyone who befriends you, learns your personal story/history/dreams, then uses your personal information for gain/advancement for themselves carries a Delilah Spirit. S/he will have no problem sharing your weaknesses and handing you over to your enemies. When you encounter someone like that, your anointing is being jeopardized and/or challenged. And your testimony is certainly being tested.  Delilah deliberately waited until Samson was in a submissive, relaxed state to get what she needed.  She also knew that his weakness was women...and she was one.  Be careful of casual conversation - over coffee, lunch, breaks, exercise, etc. for it is not always as casual as you might perceive.   Sometimes it is intentional or calculated.  Yep, that's Delilah lurking around.  You do not have to be suspicious of everyone, but you do need to me mindful of others' intentions.  Some people are determined to weaken your warrior spirit or to attack your anointing to get you off of track.
Be careful who you align yourself with in your next season. Watch and pray.  But learn to keep some things to yourself too.  Sometimes silence is golden...






No comments:

Post a Comment