Sunday, December 1, 2013

ACE #73: Like Mike or Jesus like?


Coming up in the 80’s & 90’s there was a Gatorade commercial that had everyone believing that if they would drink some Gatorade, no matter the flavor, they would be like Mike, Michael Jordan. You know the tune...

“Sometimes I dream, that He is me, you’ve got to see that is how I dream to be…Like Mike. If I could be like Mike”

Now I guess the idea of the commercial was to get people to drink Gatorade. But in drinking the Gatorade, you would end up with the athleticism or the ability of Michael Jordan. How many of us tried it. Did it change you? Could you fly? Did it give you the results you were looking for?  I can only speak for myself. NO! So I probably spent a bunch of resources investing in something that had no effect on my ability.

Then I was introduced to a man named Jesus. All I have to do is believe that what He did on the earth, what He did with the Cross, what He did out of the grave and what He is doing in the sky for me. In that, I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. I don’t have to dream that He is me because I am Him. I was created in His image. I want to be Jesus like.

RJL
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Philippians+4%3A13&version=NKJV

 


No comments:

Post a Comment