Saturday, December 7, 2013

ACE #79: I Will Because It Is His Will

"Daddy, are you going to go to heaven when I get older?"

I was silent. Why? Because I was trying to decide if I should skate around the answer. 

"Daddy, I said are you going to go to heaven when I get older?"

After consulting with the spirit, I answered. 

"Yes, if it is The Lord's will for daddy." 

"But daddy, I don't want you to go to heaven. I don't want to be without you. I want you to be here with me," she said as she cried. 

As I laid there on the bed with her, crying myself, I proceeded to let her know that all of us have an appointed time to die. I don't plan to die soon, but if He sees fit to bring me home, there is nothing I can do. What I also told her was that she could very well go before me. 

I thought about this because recently I watched the movie "Courageous" again. Each time I watch the movie, I am inspired to audit myself. I need to see where I am in my charge from God to lead my family as the head of the household. It is in moments like these that all of us must take the time and make sure we are teaching our children, godchildren, nieces, nephews, church youth, protégés and whoever else we see in need of the truth. As parents, parental figures (godparents, etc.), family members, friends, mentors or leaders including pastors, other church members, teachers, or community leaders - we must invest in our children's spiritual and personal growth. The scripture says train the child up. If I would not have been honest with her, I could have left the door open for the enemy to plant seeds of immortality and invincibility. 

Men, as head of the household, we must lead with a godly influence. As parents, together, we need to take responsibility for our children's actions through proactive conversation and setting an example of godly living. His will for us is to train up the children. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and I will lead in that.

I will. I will. I will. Because it's His will. 

RJL


No comments:

Post a Comment