Saturday, February 14, 2015

ACE #344: The Chief Corner Stone


A couple of days ago I traveled with some colleagues to Indiana. Our assignment was to learn about some technology that we are hoping to implement in one of our facilities. It just so happened that the technology was installed in a church, Cornerstone Church in New Albany.
Upon arrival, we learned that the church appeared to be out in the middle of nowhere. The hills and curves reminded me of Gatlinburg, TN. Anyway, as we began to do our business, I could not help but to notice the facility. It was very inviting and informative. I turned to a colleague and I commented on how nice the church building was. I proceeded to see if we could get a tour of it at the completion of our assignment.
As we completed the business part, out came two gentlemen to give us a tour. One was the pastor and the other was the worship leader. As we began the tour, it was clear, through the witness of the two leaders that this church is about building others up to where God wants them to be. All the plans and all the amenities were designed with the idea of reaching others and leading them to Christ Jesus. These two men of God took us on a journey, a witness if you will, of what it means to trust in the Lord. I gathered that after years of patience, operating with integrity, being good stewards of what was provided and believing in the word of God, their vision of a church building that would serve as a worship experience in Christ has come to fruition for everything done, at Cornerstone.
As we left, I recall mentioning to my colleagues how that is ministry. Nothing was created to glorify man. Everything was and is being established to edify the body of Christ. I was first just overwhelmed with the building and the things in it, but it has become evident to me:
Ephesians 2:19-22
 19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

I am encouraged.



No comments:

Post a Comment