Monday, April 20, 2015

ACE #367: 9-1-One

Last week, I came home to a powerful witness. 

After a long drive of fighting traffic and a rather long week on the job, I was tired and just wanted to relax. But, that was not the case. My wife had been to the doctor for her back and was prescribed new medication. So, she decided to wait until I was home before she would take it. 

Here's where things get interesting. As I was sitting at the dinner table, she took the medicine. About a minute later, she proceeds to make a statement about the quick influence of the medicine. Great! A few seconds later there was another statement. This time it was elevated and the tone was serious. 

"I thought this is what the medicine is supposed to do." I said. 

"There is something wrong. My heart is beating too fast. Call 911! I feel...I need to throw up. Something is not right. Oh my God! Lord, don't take me out of here. Lord, this is not the agreement we had. Call 911...Jesus Lord," she said. 

This was one of many statements made during this emergency. 

So, I called 911. Prayed over the situation. But,when I got finished, I realized that she had already called the ONE. 911 was only a follow up procedure from the Healer and the Deliverer who had already spoke in the situation. 

What am I saying? Friends, I am not saying not to call 911 or treat emergencies any less than it is. I am saying that when the medic arrives, we know that Jesus, our Savior, has already covered the situation because of your faith in Him and His sovereign grace and his tender mercies. We called 911, but she called on the One. The One who can heal the sick. The One who can raise the dead. The One who can help the blind see, the deaf hear and the lame leap. She called on Jesus. Her faith was elevated over her fear. 

We thank God for the paramedics and their diligence, but we certainly and will always declare the love and power of Jesus, our Savior. 

Thank you to Fire Station #10, Lexington, Ky., for their quick and caring response.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment