Saturday, November 16, 2013

ACE #60: Worship Medley

Worship Medley: 

Center of my Joy
Ordinary Just Won't Do
Lead Me to the Rock
Never Would Have Made It
God's Got A Blessing

I love gospel music. Well...I also love to sing gospel music, just not publicly. My wife will tell you that, on most mornings in the Lewis household, there is a worship medley sang by yours truly.  In fact, she will say, "sometimes, it gets on my nerves. I can't sleep." That's in her own words. I'll admit - there are some challenges.

I can't get every note right. I don't know all the words to the songs. I just sing. But I am not just singing because I think I can sing or because I love the music; I am singing because I just want to praise God. The scripture tells us that it is good to praise The Lord. The word says it is pleasant and a song is fitting. I just want to let God know in that moment that I love Him and I am praising Him for what has happened, for what is now, and for what is to come. You see, I realize that in this mean and cruel world that is full of trouble and sin, Jesus has to be 'the center of my joy'. I understand that loved ones and close friends will walk out on you in a minute. Therefore, an 'ordinary just won't do,' but I can always find it in You, Jesus. It is always a pleasure to know that when my heart is overwhelmed, God will 'lead me to the rock' that is Jesus. Certainly, I realize that I 'never would have made it' without The Lord. You think I am bad now. You should have seen where I was. In Christ, I know 'God's got a blessing' with my name on it. I sing because it is fitting. I sing because I am happy. I sing because I am free. If it is a medley, that means I have a lot to praise Him for. Praise Him church! 






No comments:

Post a Comment