Tuesday, November 19, 2013

ACE #63: When God Says "No" and Means It

How many times have you gotten frustrated or even mad when a situation didn't turn out the way it was supposed to turn out...in your mind?

A few years ago, I applied for a job that I thought was a "perfect fit" for my skills, my background, my education and my interests.  I traveled a little distance away for the interview and even had to make overnight accommodations.  I had prepared thoroughly for the interview and knew the work well.  When I didn't get the job, I was disappointed.  I was kind of haunted by the rejection for quite some time.  After all, I'd done everything I knew to do within my own power and skill to be the best candidate.  Months passed before I finally got it.  It just wasn't meant to be.

I learned that when God says "no" - He actually means it for my good.  I didn't get the job, but I got another job that really was the "best fit" for me.  We didn't have to relocate.  Our child didn't have to get used to a different environment.  And we still had the support of our family and friends nearby.   

My latest motto is, "Trust God's 'no' because His 'yes' is what's best and blessed for you!"  God always has a plan and we need to trust His plan for our lives. 

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment