Wednesday, November 20, 2013

ACE #64: When God Says "Yes" and Means It

I know what you're thinking! By no means is this an endorsement for "Madea's Christmas" movie.  However, in this season of giving thanks, I am grateful for God's "yes".

The Bible says that we can ask for anything in the name of Jesus. More specifically, it states in John 14:

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

However, when we ask, sometimes we have to wait - possibly a little longer than we expect or even want. And in the wait, we are to do the work of the Lord. Still there will be moments when we are in a "holding pattern" in life, even after we've heard "no" a few times and we've labored a while.  But God's "yes" is His "yes"!  He is not a man that He should lie...or even change His mind (Numbers 23:19). 

Study Link:
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+14%3A1-14

 
God's "yes" is both faithful and true - no matter how many "no" responses we get!






No comments:

Post a Comment