Saturday, February 1, 2014

ACE #124: The Syllabus

I remember my school days. The teachers would always plan the class out with a syllabus. That syllabus would help us navigate and plan accordingly for the term or year, if applicable. I can recall knowing when papers were do. I would also know when I would be tested and so forth, for the course. Unfortunately, I didn't always follow the syllabus and as you probably guessed, I did not do well in the courses. 

Well, school is over and now I am in the course of life. Do I have a syllabus for this? Yes. In fact, I have always had a syllabus. The Bible is that syllabus. Just like the handout issued by the teachers years ago, God issued His word many years ago to help us through this rough course of life. My brothers and sisters, God knew what we would need long before we started the course as well. He knew we would be tempted. He knew we would be tested. He knew what we could and could not handle. He knew the course would not be easy. He knew we couldn't do it alone. He knew to come in the flesh and offer us the perfect mentor in Christ Jesus. 

Church, the course of life is so hard for us when we try to do it without referring to the syllabus. Like food, we need it to survive. Food will not cut it alone. The word of God and the faith in it is what we need to pass this course of life.  

RJL

 

No comments:

Post a Comment