Tuesday, February 25, 2014

ACE #144: Are You a Friend of God?

Abraham was called a friend of God because of his faithfulness and his righteousness - so much so that Lot, His nephew, was spared in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah.  God was mindful of Abraham's request.  And as a result of his faith, Abraham was made the father of many nations - great nations.

Even Jesus gives an example of what it means to be a friend of God. He likens it to Him being the true vine and the disciples being the branches. He says that if they remain in Him, they will bear good fruit.  But God, the Father, is the master gardener. 

Being a friend of God means walking in His ways, obeying His Word, and "growing" in His garden in faith and in obedience just as Abraham did.  It also means that we are chosen and appointed to bear the fruit of the true vine and to follow one of his greatest commands - to love each other. 

If we are not functioning in God's love (even on bad days), then we have to reexamine the question, "Am I really a friend of God?"

John 15:15
I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

Who am I that you are mindful of me
That you hear me, when I call
Is it true that you are thinking of me
How you love me, it's amazing (Who am I Lord)

I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
I am a friend of God
He calls me friend


God Almighty
Lord of Glory
You have called me friend



 
Israel Houghton and New Breed: "I Am a Friend of God"
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment